Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
About the Opportunity
A community healthcare organization in New York City is currently seeking a talented and dedicated Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. This is a terrific opportunity for a qualified nursing professional to bring their knowledge, skill set, and passion to an amazing organization! Please submit your resume for consideration today!
As the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Obtain and/or review/evaluate a patient’s medical and psychosocial history
- Perform complete comprehensive physical examinations
- Evaluate individual patients and prescribes appropriate medications, treatments, referrals as indicated in the Policies & Procedures Manual and/or is consistent with current standards of care
- Participate in patient education and counseling services, especially about family planning, STD’S/HIV, preventive health and nutrition
- Interpret laboratory data. Reviews and initials all lab reports; orders appropriate/additional lab tests and referrals or follows up as indicated
- Participate in in-service education and other training programs
- Make referrals to appropriate sources/consultants for medical and/or social problems
- 3+ years related experience
- NP License in Psych
- Experience in psych, behavioral, ambulatory
- Fluent in Spanish
New From The Blog
Whether you are a new grad start...
On Tuesday, August 18th, The Exe...
Every now and then, proactive jo...
On August 1st, The Execu|Search ...