Supply Chain Planner
About the Opportunity
A pharmaceutical company in New Jersey is actively seeking an experienced professional to join their staff as a Supply Chain Planner. Acting as the lead point of contact for several manufacturing facilities, the Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for the strategic and tactical planning of manufacturing and distribution for clients' products.
The Supply Chain Planner will act as an owner of finished goods inventories and will work to achieve both customer satisfaction and business objectives. The Supply Chain Planner will also:
- Use tools to create monthly and weekly production plans for manufacturing locations.
- Work with manufacturing locations to properly prioritize production plans.
- Coordinate with Material Planners the requirements for and availability of raw product to support the production plans.
- Monitor adherence to plan, and work with plants/vendors to resolve any issues that arise.
- Identify periods when it may be necessary to buy supplemental product or place a product on allocation, and facilitate quick resolution of the issue.
- Resolve potential shortage situations by proactively managing inventory levels at warehouses.
- Facilitate execution of product allocation plans.
- Aggressively manage inventory turns
- Identify and resolve customer satisfaction, production and logistics issues by identifying the root cause of the problem and utilizing appropriate problem solving techniques
- Provide necessary reports and analysis needed to enable the S&OP process
- Develop production and distribution plans needed to support the annual budget plan
- Identify and articulate issues and potential solutions surrounding the development of AOP plans to senior management
- Track supply by market, surplus/short and old age inventories
- Drive Inventory reduction to cost-effectively reduce surplus inventory levels
- Work closely with Marketing to proactively manage the new product introduction process
- Perform production capacity planning studies
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve supply chain efficiency
- 1+ year of experience
- BA/BS in Business, Supply Chain or Logistics Management or equivalent experience/training required
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Great communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- SAP experience
New From The Blog
If you're an administrative prof...
How many times have you found yo...
For many of us, job searching is...
Job seeking can be a frustrating...