About the Opportunity
A New Jersey insurance company has an excellent Senior role awaiting an experienced and diligent Accountant. Working directly with the Assistant Vice President, the Senior Accountant will oversee the daily operations of the Corporate Accounting Department and perform accounting functions with emphasis on Statutory Financial reporting.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for:
- Timely and accurate completion of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements
- Variance analysis and reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts
- Maintaining and updating compliance diary for state reporting
- Quarterly and annual compliance filings
- Preparing miscellaneous monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual internal management reports, and analysis
- Responding to requests from state regulatory authorities
- Assisting preparing information for external auditors interim and annual audit reviews
- 3+ years of Public Accounting or Private industry experience
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Strong understanding of a regulatory environment
- Experience with Financial Statement Preparation, GAAP, General Ledger, and Month-end Close
- Excel proficient
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
New From The Blog
Since the 2014 fiscal year ended...
Starting in the early days of Se...
It's the end of January, and reg...
The healthcare industry experien...