What We Look For
At The Execu|Search Group, we know that success in the recruiting industry requires passion, commitment, and dedication. That’s why we seek out individuals who think entrepreneurially—and have the self-discipline to put thoughts into practice. We typically look for the following types of individuals:
- Self-starters who think about what they can do next rather than what has to be done
- Team players who appreciate the value of group-thinking and help create group synergy
- Proactive employees who identify problems (and their solutions) before they arise
- Sales-savvy individuals who know how to create need instead of want
- Communicators who can interact with co-workers on all professional levels
- Ethical, logical employees who can predict potential outcomes and make sound judgment calls
Training & Development
At The Execu|Search Group, we know how essential training is, both to our employees’ comfort and to the greater success of the company. While other recruiting firms require prior industry experience, we believe in hiring gifted employees from all industries, and then providing the in-depth training and development necessary to get them acclimated.
We kick off our 360-degree training program with a week-long introduction to the firm, the industry, and the lifecycle recruitment process. Our senior firm members lead classroom-style discussions and role-play sessions designed to give new employees hands-on experience with basic selling and recruiting concepts. This time-tested process is an Execu|Search staple, and a fantastic way to build personal technique and style. Every training program is custom-tailored to each entry-level role: Executive Recruiter, Account Executive, and Staffing Manager.
And the training doesn’t stop there. Every member of our firm has the opportunity to further develop his or her skill-set through continued education. Many employees attend our monthly “Lunch & Learn” workshops, with topics ranging from sales and recruitment to current industry-related events.
“What about my future?”
At The Execu|Search Group, we believe that providing opportunity for growth is crucial to employee morale and work ethic. That’s one of the reasons why we reward our hard working employees both financially and professionally. Employees are eligible for promotions twice a year, with the following title levels:
- Managing Director
- Senior Managing Director
- Vice President
Promotion criteria includes:
- Assists in training
- Client development/relations
- Diversified consistent billing
- Further growth potential
- Loyalty/years of service with the firm
- Exercises good judgment
- Visibility throughout the firm
- Interacts with other areas within the firm
- Work ethic
Entry-level Career Day
Join us at one of our Entry-Level Career Days to learn more about the recruitment industry and current career opportunities at The Execu|Search Group. We give participants the chance to interview with firm leaders and meet successful hires from past Career Day events. Since 2010, we've hired close to 40 employees through Career Day events, with some of them receiving offers that same day!
If you would like to build a career with us, we’d love to connect with you. Check out our current openings.