Bilingual Care Coordinator
Temporary / Consulting
About The Opportunity
A social services organization in New York City is currently seeking an Arabic and/or Nepali-speaking professional to join their staff as their new Bilingual Care Coordinator. Reporting to the Care Coordinator Supervisor, the Bilingual Care Coordinator will be responsible for the overall provision and coordination of services to assigned caseload, including guiding program enrollees and their caretakers through the healthcare system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes. Apply today!
Social Services Organization
The Bilingual Care Coordinator will:
- Obtain required Care Management enrollment consents from the individual or legal guardian
- Complete initial and ongoing needs assessments to determine the individual’s most appropriate level of care management
- Monitor and evaluate a patient’s needs, including prevention, wellness, medical, mental health, care transitions, and social and community services where appropriate
- Educate the child/caregiver on care of chronic conditions, immunization, screening and other preventive interventions.
- Help clients to obtain and maintain public benefits necessary to gain health care services
- Conduct care planning meetings/conferences and serves as an interdisciplinary team member to effectively provide/coordinate comprehensive and holistic care
- Handle other duties, as needed
- 2+ years of Case Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Bilingual (English and Arabic or Nepali)
- Relevant expertise and experience in serving children and families in Child Welfare, Developmental Disabilities, Mental Health, Healthcare and/or other systems as well as those receiving preventive services.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized